So you want to know how to look after your board...
- Cleaning wash with warm soapy water and a soft cloth, if you have cut marks in your board a Sponge with a scourer pad is ideal
- Please NEVER put a timber board in a Dishwasher, it will ruin the board.
- If your board becomes 'grainy' or rough to touch, using a 240 grit sand paper, lightly sand the board back and then re-apply the Gilly's Liquid Beeswax
All of our boards are sealed with "Gilly's Liquid Beeswax"
Gilly’s Liquid Beeswax can be reapplied as frequently as required (if the timber becomes dull or dry).
There is no need for any extra work, just follow the simple steps below.
We would recommend reapplying a light coat every 4 - 6 months to keep your timber looking fresh.
The more oil that has been applied over time, the less it will require for maintenance.
How to Apply
- Apply with a soft cloth (or brush for carved/irregular areas).
- Allow the timber to absorb the oil for 5 minutes, before buffing back with another clean cloth.
- Apply 3 coats, if timber is new or dry, repeating the same procedure. Subsequent coats can be applied straight after buffing. Each timber will vary in porosity and dryness, so the number of coats required will vary. Once timber is saturated, there is no need for any more. Take care not to over-apply; residue can become sticky and attract dirt.